Enhancing quality of life of adults with disabilities and those in crisis.
- Bethlehem Housing and Support Services
Bethlehem Place Counselling Support, Community Support
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Niagara Branch
Mental Health Resource Centre, Public Education / Health Promotion,
Volunteer Training and Development
- Canadian Red Cross - Niagara Branch
Disaster Management Volunteers, Volunteer Transportation Services
Independent Living Skills, Volunteer Services
- Community Living-Grimsby, Lincoln and West Lincoln
Recreation and Life Skills Development, Transitional Aged Youth: Preparing for the Future
- Community Living St. Catharines
CPS: Therapeutic Support Services
- Distress Centre Niagara
24 Hour Crisis Line
- Epilepsy Niagara
- Family Counselling Centre Niagara
- Information Niagara
Information and Referral (211), Volunteer Placement
- Mainstream: An Unsheltered Workshop
Graffiti Removal, Resource Centre
- MS Society of Canada - Niagara Peninsula Chapter of Hope
- Niagara Centre for Independent Living
Advocacy / Individual Disability Support
- Niagara Region Sexual Assault Centre (CARSA Inc.)
Hospital Response (24 Hours)
- Niagara Training and Employment Agency Inc. (NTEC)
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County
Medical First Responders
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Falls
Search and Rescue Niagara
- Victim Services Niagara
Victim Crisis Support Service
- West Niagara Palliative Care Services (Rose Cottage)
- West Niagara Second Stage Housing & Counselling Inc.
Housing & Counselling
- YWCA Niagara Region
Community Living-Grimsby, Lincoln and West Lincoln: Transitional Aged Youth: Preparing for the Future
No matter what your age or life situation, independence is important! The Transitional Aged Youth: Preparing for the Future program focuses on maximizing independence and enabling those with developmental disabilities to participate fully in their community.
Pictured below is Shane (right) with his friends Marcus, Jackie and Katie (left to right). Shane told us he enjoys the program because “every week there are different activities and I get to spend time with my friends.” Shane’s parents shared that he looks forward to the program every week and checks his calendar daily. Without the program, he would not have made many of the friends and relationships he has today.
Participants learn valuable skills such as first aid, goal setting and money management. These valuable skills contribute to the positive development of each of these individuals.